Design: Two segments of ornamentation are all that remain from the hexagonal label of the 1920s. Eventually, the Starr label's repertoire became regionalized, featuring Acadian fiddle music.
History: The Starr Piano Company of Richmond, Indiana began manufacturing Starr records in 1915. In 1917 the Starr name was replaced in the U.S. by 'Gennett,' the surname of the three brothers who operated the Starr business. Gennett's Canadian subsidiary, which retained the Starr name, was based in London, Ontario. It was sold in the early 1920s to the Compo company (owned by Herbert Berliner, son of industry pioneer Emile Berliner).